Wednesday, May 11, 2016
If you plan on drinking alcohol, designate a driver who won’t drink. Other tips for a safe trip include: 1. Give your full attention to the road. Avoid distractions such as cell phones.
2. Use caution in work zones. There are lots of construction projects underway on the highways.
3. Don’t follow other vehicles too closely.
4. Make frequent stops.
5. Clean your vehicle’s lights and windows to help you see, especially at night.
6. Turn your headlights on as dusk approaches, or during inclement weather.
7. Don’t overdrive your headlights.
8. Don’t let your vehicle’s gas tank get too low. If you have car trouble, pull as far as possible off the highway.
9. Carry a Disaster Supplies Kit in your trunk.
10. Let someone know where you are going, your route and when you expect to get there. If your car gets stuck along the way, help can be sent along your predetermined route.